We are currently hiring for the following position:
TEEN GIRLS THERAPY GROUP INTERNSHIP
Hours of Work: As required per your internship’s requirements, a minimum of 5hrs/wk including Mondays 5:30-6:30p and Wednesdays 4:30-5:30p
Compensation: Experience and School Credit as applicable through your school’s internship program
Location: Woodbridge, CT
We are seeking an open-minded, empathic individual who is eager to learn more about group counseling for teenage girls. Your familiarity with DSM-5 diagnosis, and therapeutic interventions and activities is a PLUS!
We are looking to support your learning and growth in providing exceptional care and support to the clients of our Teen Girls Therapy Groups.
WHAT WE DO
At Mallory Grimste, LCSW we LOVE helping teens feel better together!
The rates of teens diagnosed with anxiety, depression and experiencing difficulty around self-injury and suicidality, as a result, is RISING!
We want to stop that trend by providing quality mental health services to teens now so they can enjoy a healthier, happier, and more fulfilled life. By helping one teen learn the skills they need to hang in there and communicate their feelings more effectively, we inadvertently help all those they engage with on a regular, or even one-time basis.
WORK WITH AMAZING PEOPLE
· Mallory Grimste is the Founder & Teen Therapist of Mallory Grimste, LCSW. She loves helping teens struggling with anxiety, depression and low self-esteem learn how to feel better through individual and group counseling.
Learning to connect with your inner guide is what it's all about! That's why she treats each individual based on their personal preferences and needs. Her sessions are collaborative, where generally the teen takes the lead in the direction and focus of counseling.
· Emily Hale is the Director of Details of Mallory Grimste, LCSW. One of Emily's favorite things to do is helping worried parents get their questions answered quickly!
She's the person who helps answer your phone calls/e-mails, reply to your scheduling requests, and overall just helps Mallory keep sane so she can keep focusing on helping teens feel better!
· Client Support and Administrative Specialist – We are in the process of hiring an additional local client support/administrative specialist similar to Emily’s role as defined above. You will likely have the opportunity to interact and support their role as necessary if it would help enhance your learning opportunities through this internship experience.
WE WANT TO MEET YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE…
1. Eager to learn about the group counseling process and experience
2. Detailed-oriented and proactive in remedying mistakes/catching errors
3. Intrigued about continuing to improve systems and work-flow processes
4. Possess great communication skills and know-how that help facilitate respect, emotional support, and ease with your leader, the team, and clients/families
5. Trustworthy and can be counted on to safeguard confidentiality of the practice and its clients
6. Not easily overwhelmed with completing demands and managing a variety of tasks in a reasonable, timely manner
7. Quick to learn and resourceful in retaining new information
8. Anticipate the needs of the leader and clients
9. Are fulfilled by serving others
10. Coachable and receptive to receiving feedback
11. Not afraid to ask questions and offer solutions if something isn’t working
· You will start by becoming familiar with understanding the feel, and purpose of Mallory Grimste, LCSW, its strengths, the members, policies and its targeted market by studying the collection of materials available.
· Review supplemental materials provided to help you stay updated and informed on concepts discussed in group, and through your learning process
· Enhance your learning and practice of CBT and DBT therapy models and interventions
· Preparing group materials and documents as necessary
· Writing a brief summary to be e-mailed to parents to help them support their teen’s progress between group sessions
· Observe, participate and co-facilitate Teen Girls Therapy Groups
· Meet with Mallory for 1 hour weekly to process and review experiences that occur throughout this internship experience
· Assist in preparing, reviewing, and editing materials/documents as requested by the team members
TOOLS YOU WILL USE
**We’re willing to train people in the necessary tools**
SimplePractice, LastPass, GSuite, Zoom, Word, Trello, Virtru, Boomerang, Wunderlist
Experience with direct client contact and support is helpful. It’s a PLUS if this has been in a counseling practice setting, or in a setting that works with/supports teens and their parents. Completing a degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other counseling-related specialty is appreciated.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
We hire individuals who are collaborative, team players. That being said, we only hire competent adults who can manage most of these tasks independently. You will be expected to take responsibility for yourself without micromanaging. We are a team of professional and caring individuals with a heart for serving and supporting teens in feeling better together. We are an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume and references to Mallory Grimste at email@example.com using the subject line: “Rockstar Intern here!”
Only candidates who fit our hiring criteria will be contacted for a video-conferencing interview.
CANDIDATES ARE WELCOME TO APPLY PRIOR TO CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THURSDAY DECEMBER 20, 2018